The World Scouting Award is an award for international scouting. OSG-US scouts who travel abroad to scout with another scouting association can wear the award while on their journey, where it can serve as a form of national identification, and thereafter in remembrance of the journey/experience.
- The Award is available to scouts in all official OSG sections.
- To qualify, the Scout must participate at an official scouting event/camp in a foreign country.
- GSMs and section leaders can issue the WSA upon verification of a qualifying planned or completed foreign visit.
- Scouts may begin wearing the WSA when their travel to the event commences, not before.
- The standard WSA can also be awarded to foreign scouts who join OSG events in the uniform of their non-domestic Association. They can wear/display the WSA per their Association policies.
- An alternate combined name strip and WSA is available.